Wednesday, October 19, 2005

[Blog Entry] Allergic Reaction

Allergic Reaction

In William Gibson’s novel Pattern Recognition, the main character is allergic to brand names, and uses this allergy to judge how potent the logos of various companies are. Of course she happens to get paid by the companies that employ her…

How I wish I could employ such uses for my allergy. For one thing, I’m allergic to chocolate, so those stuff are hands-off. On the occasion that I do take chocolate, the results vary, depending on how good the chocolate is.

Recently, I’ve come to suspect I’m allergic to milk. Ever since I drank the stuff a few weeks ago, I wake up with a lot of phlegm in my throat. Just the other day, I indulged in some Fruits in Ice Cream (FIC). Now what sets FIC apart is the fact that it’s made from real ice cream. That is, milk instead of the vegetable oil substitutes which other, local companies use. FIC must really serve good ice cream, because not only do I like the taste, I wake up the next day with one of the worst colds ever (if other people get rashes, I get respiratory problems).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home