Sunday, September 04, 2005

MTV Hanging Out with Neil Gaiman part 2 (of 10)

Don: Everybody you’re hanging out with me Don, Claire, Colby over there, and of course, Mr. Neil Gaiman. How are you doing today sir?

Neil: I’m enjoying myself.

Don: Okay, so we got lots of your fans here right now, and they’re going to ask us some questions for you, so let’s go to Claire and Colby and see what you got.

Colby: Thank you very much Don and I’m here with Lala, right? And you have a question for Mr. Gaiman.

Lala: Hai. Who are your favorite musicians growing up?

Neil: Growing up, let’s see. David Bowie are really out there.

Crowd: -laughs-

Lala: Freak out!

Neil: And then I was feeling lucky in lots of ways ‘cause I was fifteen going on sixteen when punk caught on New England, so it was all sort of happening around me and at that point, it was the Damned and the Ends Ups and the Clash and the Pistols, and you know, for a fifteen year-old kid, sneaking in to the local pub to watch the Jam sound check. I was too young to get into the gig. But nobody noticed this kid sneaking at the back, and just sort of hanging out in the darkness [speaking too fast]… so growing up, everybody’s going.

Colby: Thank you Lala, next question.

Claire: I’m here with Kitch and she has another question for you.

Kitch: Hi! If you were casting the Sandman movie, who would you get as Death and Dream?

Neil: If I could cast, anyone from, you know, if someone gave me a time machine and magic powers, I think I would probably cast the young Audrey Hepburn as Death because I think she’d be perfect. Unfortunately, I don’t have magic powers or a time machine. Of currently living actors I think Johnny Depp would make an amazing Dream.

Colby: So I won’t have a chance.

Neil: Not open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home