Sunday, January 08, 2006

[Blog Entry] Want to be a RPG Game Designer?, 10 Days Clean, Workout

Want to be a RPG Game Designer?


Wizards is hiring.

10 Days Clean

No, I'm not on dope, alcohol, or any addictive substance (unless you count soya milk). As some of you might know, I've been playing video games for the past three months last year, to the detriment of everything else.

It's officially been ten days since I last played Warcraft DotA, and no, there are no withdrawal symptoms. I've actually been productive in several ways such as...

Workout

Every exercise regiment has its own difficulties. Right now I'm focusing on cardiovascular (read: breathing), mainly because of my poor respiratory system (read: allergies) and frequent colds that earned me the nickname uhog ("snot") in high school.

Running regularly requires tremendous willpower on my part (It's a DC 20 Will save!). Because it's really a lifestyle change. The optimal time for me to run is around 6 am - 7 am. The reason why it's that time because I have work at 9 am, and I don't want to rush to work (which results in things like forgetting to bring certain items or skipping breakfast, which is just as unhealthy).

I don't jog in the evening because running requires me to be on an empty stomach. Anyone who's run at least 5 kilometers will know that midway, your stomach seems to be bulging and if you ate anything recently, it's dying to come out. Even if you drink just a glass of water, you feel the liquid swirling in your stomach as you run. So it's really highly recommended that you run before you have breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And with my schedule, before breakfast is the only option.

Of course in order to be able to wake up at 6 am - 7 am, one needs to sleep early. Whereas last year I was asleep past midnight, 11 pm is pushing it these days. Not that I have a social life or anything to miss.

Lastly, I live near a school. The problem with that is that a lot of cars pass me by. Along with the smoke from their vehicles. Which leads me to cough and spit out phlegm. And that simply ruins my rhythm. But one must go on and finish your goal (which is why it's important to set a goal in the first place).

And a reminder to anyone who works out, whether at the gym or at home. If you don't want strained muscles, don't forget to do your warm-ups and cooldowns. The basics are often the most effective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home