Monday, December 06, 2004

Sad Anecdote

On a certain level, I'm laughing inside, but on another level, I'm disappointed as well. One of my friends just questioned my integrity (as well as the integrity of the people I'm with). To be fair to him, at least he's transparent about his feelings and firm in his convictions so much so that he's willing to compromise our relationship. (Some people claim that George Bush won the elections because of the moral vote, which is to say that he is firm in his stand against abortion, homosexuality, and the like... hey, I may not like the guy, but they do have a point; Bush is a man of conviction and willing to stand up for his beliefs even if it makes him unpopular, which is more than I can say for certain public officials.)

My only advice to people who are placed in a similar position is that in the end, it doesn't matter what other people think. What matters is what you think. It's your conscience, after all, that you have to live with, and not the other person's. (Of course if you reflect upon that statement, you'll realize that my friend is justified to a certain extent at the very least.)

Personally I blame the problem on ignorance, but everyone often thinks it's the other person that's ignorant and not them. And hey, I may be right this time, but that's no guarantee that I won't be the ignorant one the next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home