Sunday, February 15, 2004

It's a Bit Late But...

Too many people are whiny about being single on Valentine's. As Mia dear put it, you don't have to be "attached or in love" to enjoy Valentine's day.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with being single. And while it may be lonely at times, one also can't expect your significant other to "solve all your problems". I mean some people are wishing they had boyfriends or girlfriends as if having one was a magic lamp, granting them all their wishes in their lives and that it would solve all their problems. I'm really sorry but that's not the way life goes. Your significant other is a human person, and to expect them to be the end all and be all of your life would be to treat them as objects and not as persons. Not to mention you're being dependent on them, which is not what a relationship should be based on.

And of course there's the people who envy couples that they publicly curse and insult them. That's as bad as bullying and sourgraping. Sure, we're not as "fortunate" as them, but that doesn't excuse us from such behavior.

Yes, I'm single, and while there are times I wish I wan't, well, there are also times I wish I was somebody else. But that wouldn't really be me now is it? When the time comes, I'll eventually meet her (and get my heart broken and will repeat the cycle). But before that, it's nice to be congenial to fellow human beings and to wish them the best in their endeavors.

Two Weeks to Go

Before I join the ranks of the unemployed. Of course that means no more allowance, so job offers are greatly welcomed.

Last Chance

Sign up for the yaoi con.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home