Monday, December 29, 2003

Homework

It's not really unexpected that I have homework over the Christmas break. Unfortunately, it happens to be an essay that needs to have footnotes (which means research). Of course Christmas break is probably the worst time to do research, mainly because all the libraries are closed.

Mind you, the book I needed isn't here not because of foresight. When I went to the library, the one copy already got borrowed and isn't due until Jan. 5. While I can stalk the library on Monday until it gets returned, there are two reasons for doing that to be ineffective: 1) as if the person borrowing it would return it on Jan. 5, much less at 7:30 am in the morning, and 2) even if it did get returned on Monday, it won't be on the shelves until the next day.

So here I am, scouring Metro Manila, in search of Joel Migdal's two books, State in Society and Strong States Weak Societies..., to no avail. (*hint for some stranger reading this blog to loan me a copy*)

Craziest Places to Meet Up

Met up yesterday with some of my friends who used to host anime screenings at U.P. Unfortunately, the meeting place was "fountain in Greenbelt". It reminds me of that incident when my friend told me to meet up at Jolibee in Robinson's Galleria, which would have been fine except for the fact that there's three branches of Jolibee. Also find out that there's a new branch of Starbucks inside Glorietta, when it already has one near the cinema.

Test Run

Well, the 24-hour anime channel Animax will be having its test run of Skycable this Jan. 1 at channel 26.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home